Before you begin:
- Obtain a tablet to function as your Fresh KDS screen. Fresh KDS was built to run on iOS 10+ and Android 5.0+. If using an Android device, we recommend Samsung or Asus. (Note: Insignia and Digiland tablets do not work). See our list of supported iOS devices here.
Step 1: Create a Fresh KDS Account
- Open https://beta.freshkds.com and click Sign Up in the top right corner.
- Enter your information on the following page and click Register.
- Confirm your account by opening the welcome message sent to the email address you used to sign up, and clicking the confirmation button. You will be redirected back to the Fresh KDS web portal to complete account setup.
- Enter your first location’s information (if you have multiple locations, don’t worry, you’ll be able to add additional locations once your account is setup) and click Next.
- Choose a subscription plan, select your POS system, and click Next.
- Enter payment information ( a valid debit or credit card is required) and click Submit.
- Congrats! You have now successfully completed the registration for Fresh KDS.
Step 2: Setup the Fresh KDS App
- Download the Fresh KDS app in the iOS App Store.
- Open the Fresh KDS app, log in using your account credentials, follow the prompts and give the screen a name.
Step 3: Obtain Your ToGo Location ID
- Log in to ToGo's Administration Dashboard, OrderCloud.
- Click Manage Stores.
- In the list of locations, take note of the 3 or 4-digit number. That is your Location ID.
Step 4: Enable ToGo "Bolt-On" in Fresh KDS
- In the Fresh KDS app select the menu in the top left of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Click Bolt-Ons.
- Select ToGo.
- Click the toggle to activate the integration (it should be green).
- Enter the Location ID from Step 1.
- Click Request Key.
- A key should generate and appear.
Step 5: Place Your Fresh KDS Tablet in the Kitchen
- Set your Fresh KDS device in your kitchen wherever it works best for your team.
- Some of our customers place a device right on a prep station. Others find that mounting on the wall nearby with a waterproof casing is the best option.
Step 6: Train Your Staff
- Show your staff how to clear orders (simply tap an order to clear it - or tap an individual order item to clear just that item).
- Show your staff how to recall orders (it's easy - just tap the recall button at the top of the screen).
- Show your staff this video for a brief overview: Fresh KDS in Action.
Step 7: Profit!
To view detailed analytics, log in into your Fresh KDS account in a browser. Average order volumes and ticket times are displayed on easy-to-read graphs for any specified date range.
Using this information can help you operate more efficiently, improve order consistency, and track/shorten ticket times - all of which will help make your customers happy and keep them coming back for more!