Text Notifications allow you to notify customers via text when their order has been completed and when their order is ready for pickup.
NOTE: This feature is only available to users on the "Advanced" pricing tier. Users on the "Basic" tier will not be able to activate this feature without first upgrading to a higher tier.
How to Setup Text Notifications
- Open the Settings Menu within the Fresh KDS app.
- Click on Messaging.
- There are three (3) options for sending text notifications:
a. "Order Received" - sends a text when the order is received to the KDS.
b. "Order Bumped from KDS Screen" - sends a text when the order is cleared from the KDS.
c. "Order is Ready for Pick Up" - sends a text when the order is marked as ready from the Take Out view.
In addition, you can add "@location" in the text notification settings to include your location name in the message!
- When ringing in an order, add customer phone number as an order note or order name.
NOTE: for international numbers to parse correctly they will need to be entered in E164 format. For example: +61293784328 (Australia)
- When customer's order is cleared from the KDS screen they will automatically receive a text that says "Your order is ready."
- To learn more about using text notifications, checkout the videos below:
Take Out View Settings (Youtube)
Custom Text Messaging by Order Type (Youtube)
- IMPORTANT: Text notifications are billed at $0.01 USD per message, with a minimum charge of $1.00 USD. For example, if you send 45 notifications in a month, you will pay $1.00 on top of your Fresh KDS subscription. If you send 145 notifications in a month, you will pay $1.45 on top of your Fresh KDS subscription. This is because it costs us $0.01 to send each message - we are simply passing the cost along.