Zapier allows you to send orders to Fresh KDS from more than 3,000 other applications! The possibilities are truly endless, but a few ideas include sending orders from Shopify, WooCommerce, or other eCommerce systems; Creating orders from text messages using Twilio; or Displaying orders submitted via Intercom Chat!
In addition, our new Webhooks functionality allows you to send information to another system as an order is received to Fresh KDS, or bumped from the screen. A few ideas include sending customer information directly to Mailchimp; Populating a Google Sheet with order information and bump times; or Texting a manager when a specific order is received or bumped.
These enhancements are very powerful, and provide an endless amount of flexibility. We're excited to see the use cases that you come up with!
- Shopify to Fresh KDS Setup Guide (pdf)
- WooCommerce to Fresh KDS Setup Guide (pdf)
- BigCommerce to Fresh KDS Setup Guide (pdf)
- Twilio to Fresh KDS Setup Guide (pdf)
Note: This guide assumes that you are already using Fresh KDS, and already have a Zapier account. If not, you will need to first setup the Fresh KDS app and create an account with Zapier. Select "Getting Started" from the right menu and select the guide that applies to your POS (if applicable).
Webhooks are automated messages sent to a unique URL when something happens in the Fresh KDS app (an order is received, for example, or an order is bumped from the screen). You can then do something [anything] with that information. A few ideas include sending customer information directly to Mailchimp; Populating a Google Sheet with order information and bump times; or Texting a manager when a specific order is received or bumped.
You can read all about webhooks in this well written article (external link)
How to Create a webhook in Fresh Tools
- Log in to your Fresh Tools Dashboard
- Select Webhooks in the left menu
- Click Create Webhook
- Add a Name (something that will remind you of the use case)
- Add the Endpoint URL (if using Zapier webhook catcher then they will provide the URL for you to paste)
- Select the Trigger Event (order created, for example)
- Select the Location(s) where you want the trigger to fire
- Click Create and you're ready to go!